More in this section

How do I register a Power of Attorney and what identification documentation is required?

You will need to complete a Power of Attorney Form and return it to us with an original or certified copy of the POA documents and identification for each Attorney. If you are a new member we will check your identity by making searches about you at a credit reference agency that will supply us with information. If we are unable to verify your identity by this method we will advise you of the additional documentation required to complete the account opening process.

If you already have a National Counties Building Society or Family Building Society savings or mortgage account, your signature matches our records and your name and address haven’t changed, you will not need to provide further evidence of your identity.

If you are a new customer or an existing customer opening a new account(s), you and the Attorney will also need to complete the relevant account application.

Family Building Society
Ebbisham House
30 Church Street
Surrey KT17 4NL
Follow Us