PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FOR THE RETIRED
Many of us at some point will have to face the reality of our elderly loved ones having to move into care. Leaving the family home is a tough decision - and it's often followed by a series of difficult choices and challenges.
Residential care homes
When life at home becomes difficult, there are various possibilities to consider. Selling up is one option - and is often an inevitable factor of the transition into residential care. If you are living a long way from an elderly relative this can be very difficult to manage at an emotional time.
How can the Family Building Society help?
We are committed to making this time as easy as possible and we can do this with the help of our trusted partner Bridgefast Property Services. Their expert team of dedicated advisers, are committed to helping to facilitate a smooth and stress-free move and property sale.
Bridgefast’s advisers manage the entire operation - working to ease your logistical worries and providing extra support at an emotional time.
Please read our case study from the Ardley family
- Managing estate agents and making sure the property is marketed at the right price
- Arranging an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Negotiating with buyers and helping you decide which offer to accept
- Appointing solicitors and making sure they don’t delay the sale
- Arranging for house clearance
- You can also take advantage of Bridgefast’s Vacant Property Care - so leaving a home empty isn’t a problem.